Want to join our team? We are looking for a new Director of Development. See the job description below and if you are interested, please email email@example.com with the title of the role you are applying for in the subject line. We hope you’ll join our LIVE UNITED team!
United Way of Northeast Georgia’s office is in Athens, Georgia and serves a 12-county region including: Banks, Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Franklin, Greene, Hart, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, and Oglethorpe counties.
Position Title: Director of Development
Position Type: Full time, salaried
Position Description: The ideal candidate will exemplify the organization’s values of partnership, leadership, trustworthiness, and selflessness through support of and engagement with donors, volunteers, and community stakeholders. This full-time position interacts with all areas of the organization to achieve the strategic goals set forth by the Board of directors. The main duties of this role are fundraising and relationship building with corporate and individual donors.
Immediate Supervisor: President/CEO
Fundraising and Campaign Management
- Identify new and cultivate existing corporate and individual donors.
- Represent United Way as needed in public venues such as at workplace campaigns, special events, community activities and organizations.
- Monitor and report individual, workplace and overall fundraising progress through reports and analysis to track campaign progress.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of the previous year’s campaign to analyze trends, develop strategies and set performance goals for the next campaign.
- Manage contacts and donor data using Network for Good CRM.
- Responsible for assembly and distribution of campaign materials to workplaces.
- Make on-site presentations to workplace campaigns and businesses.
- Assist Marketing with planning events and creating materials for the campaign.
- Assist President/CEO with relationship building of major donors including creating a Tocqueville Society. The United Way Tocqueville Society recognizes local philanthropic leaders and volunteer champions who contribute at least $10,000 annually.
- Acts as primary staff resource to the Development Committee and Campaign Chair in establishing campaign goals and strategies; coordinate campaign volunteer recruitment and training; responsible for campaign meeting schedules and agendas; coordinate account management.
- Assist President/CEO in identifying future Campaign Chair and assist that person with leading a successful campaign.
- Manage the budget for the Development department.
- Assess other potential development opportunities including but not limited to foundations, grants, planned giving and endowment building according to strategic plan.
- Provide support to team as needed.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent resource development experience
- Experience in fundraising or sales highly desirable
- Experience in non-profit or volunteer management desirable
Specific Job Skills Include:
- Enthusiastic, creative, and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational ability
- Committed to volunteer recruitment, support, and recognition
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with online fundraising platforms preferred but not required
Position requires flexible schedule to attend occasional events that may occur in the early mornings, evenings and/or weekends. Candidate will be asked to use personal car for business and must possess valid driver’s license.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
Benefits provided by UWNEGA include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403(b) with 3% company match
- 15 paid holidays each year
- Generous vacation benefits
United Way of Northeast Georgia is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered, you must email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.